Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Way down north, way up south

Time for another update of things I did a month ago but didn’t write about until now!

Many-a-Llama and Alpaca I did find
Cusco was the next stop on our journey. I like to make fwends everywhere I go (and Leila, again I am wearing your shirt. Also your fleece).

More New Styles
We became such good friends that he offered to make me a hat out of his very own fur. We got yelled at for taking this picture though. Apparently it was illegal. I was not previously aware that there were any rules in Peru, but this experience proved me wrong. I guess you learn something new every day!

Natural Remedies
Interested in some lipstick? It stays on for 24 hours, and it’s all-natural! I think it’s made out of a leaf of some sort. I almost bought some Inca Shampoo, which is also made from a mysterious indigenous plant, but ultimately decided against it. In the demonstration, however, it worked surprisingly well – it transformed a completely brown and dirty (and wet) clump of llama/alpaca (I don’t really understand the difference) fur into a dazzlingly white cotton cloud. I don’t think it actually became cotton though. And I would hesitate using it on my own hair, because I really don’t think the puffy cloud look would do me any justice.

The Mysterious Machu Picchu
I swear over all the centipedes that I’ve killed’s dead bodies that I actually jumped off the mountain and I actually flied (I mean flew), but unfortunately my personal photographer got lazy and didn’t feel like taking pictures of it, so no one will ever be able to prove it. Hmph.

Macho Machu Picchu
I wish this were the view outside my bedroom window too!

I have no good title for this picture.
I tried to look Peruvian and blend in, but I don’t think it worked. Why is everyone here so short.

Heifetz!
Fetz, thees one ees for tugio. I’m sorry I’m not in the classic pose, nor in the nude. It was a bit too chilly for that. But I couldn’t resist a fountain picture.

Ok, that about concludes the second leg (can you give us a foot?) of my recent embarkment! Soon I will be back to report on the final days (dun dun dun) (suspenseful background music)…

2 comments:

  1. I know it actually happened but you just don't want to post the nude photos on the internet. If you had pants on, they would be on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, why do my legs feel like they're burning? Where did my pants go?

    ReplyDelete